Monday, January 25, 2010

Wife Training

A long running joke between Ray and Matt is that I need to go to Wife Training. They throw this around when they tease me about cooking dinner, my cleaning habits, etc...well tonight I hit the jack pot when it comes to the cheaters version of Wife Training...Hello Central Market!

I usually don't go into Central Market because it tends to be a little pricey. We do most of grocery shopping at the Tom Thumb (which is across the street from Central Market). Tonight I decided to go in and grab the few items I needed and I am SO GLAD I DID!!! First off it wasn't any more expensive than what it would have been across the street but the quality is 3x better...LOVE THAT!

I also love the "Meal Kits" they had....aka the cheaters version of Wife Training. Tonight I bought the pizza making kit. All of the ingredients were fresh (even the sauce...they make it there in the store), you don't have to buy more ingredients than you will use, and you don't have to slave away in the kitchen all night to prepare a meal (my favorite part)!

Here is the kit and recipe card:
Pizza Dough
Olive Oil
Fresh Basil
Pizza Sauce
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Roasted Garlic Cloves (whole fresh cloves!!!)
Freshly Shredded Cheese


Here is what it looked like right before it went into the oven!


And finally the final product! It was supper yummy!!!!


These Meal Kits are a LIFE SAVER! They are affordable, yummy, and it makes you feel like you made it from scratch - like the good wife you should be :-)
They have all sorts of meals to choose from...I can't wait to try them all! YUM YUM!!

2 comments:

  1. I just posted a tribute to Central Market today... oh my word how I will miss that place. I love their Falafel kit - so delicious and so brainless to throw together a fantastic and quick meal! We do it for a weekend lunch at least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea! I wish we had a Central Market...

    ReplyDelete