Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grilled PB & J

One of my favorite small appliance is my panini maker. I am a strong believer that a cold sandwich is twice as good grilled!

I had a craving for pb & j the other day and when I started to make it the panini maker was right there so I thought...why not! I am so glad I did. It turned out awesome.

You do have to be careful not to put too much peanut butter on it though. Once it gets warm it becomes a lot more liquid and gets everywhere. It can also be a bit overwhelming and over power the sweetness of the jelly.

My favorite combination is peanut butter and blackberry preserves....mm, mm, mm!

The best part about this grilled gooey masterpiece is it makes a great warm breakfast. I have enjoyed pairing it with a cup of coffee so much that we have run out of peanut butter this week. Not being huge peanut butter fans- that never happens in this house.

I am anxious to try some other combinations like pb & honey...I may even add a banana here and there!





It may not look pretty...but we all know true beauty is on the inside!!



3 comments:

  1. Mmmm. I totally agree that a good sandwich is 6 times as good once it's panini'd. I love my panini maker. My favorite panini is brie, pears, candied walnuts and honey. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life was a grilled PB&J and cheese. It was basically what you did but with cheddar cheese. I have dreams about it occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of those sound AMAZING! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete